The following post is about installing android cyanogenMod froyo beta 4 on samsung omnia II GT-i8000 internal storage. Please be remind that we are not responsible for any damages that might occur during the installations. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
Download File (Installation Package):
omlaxy-smf4(20121009) – for I8000
Requirement: Linux OS or Running Linux under vmware
1. Plug in your phone to the PC, then open up “Disk Utilities”. Create three partition on your phone with respective file system and label. (Warning: This will destroy everything on your phone storage!)
Partition 1: sdcard (FAT32) – Adjust your own size, as long as let enough space for ext4 and linux swap
Partition 2: system (ext4) – 1.9GB, remember to uncheck ‘Take ownership of filesystem’ when format
Partition 3: (linux swap) – 218MB, label can be blank, remember to uncheck ‘Take ownership of filesystem’ when format
2. Mount the Partition 1 (sdcard) and Partition 2 (system).
3. Put the sm-ext4.tar.gz file on Desktop. Extract the sm-ext4.tar.gz to partition 2 using terminal, by entering the following command:
Key in each line one time, and then press ENTER. It’s case sensitive, please follow exactly.
sudo tar -zxvf sm-ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system/
When you are prompt to enter username and password, just do so.
4. It take some time to extract the files to partition 2. When finished, enter the following command again to edit fstab.vold file:
sudo -vi /media/system/system/etc/fstab.vold
You are about to edit this file, just look for line near #externel sdcard and modified as follow:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1
change 0 to 1. Save and Quit the file.
5. Enter the following command in Terminal:
sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab
sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab
sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab
6. Copy “haret.exe”, “startup.txt”, and “zimage” to Partition 1 (sdcard).
7. Edit startup.txt. Modify “mmcblk1p2” to “mmcblk0p2”.
8. Done! Now you can unplug your phone from computer and run “haret.exe” from your phone. Enjoy!